Scenes in GoGuardian Teacher give you more control over how your students are using their Chromebooks. You can use Scenes to create a set of tabs to automatically open on each student device when class begins, set a maximum number of tabs, and create allowed and blocked lists of websites.
You can use scenes to:
- Create better testing environments that allow students to only access the test or related web pages.
- Automatically open each page students will need for the day’s lesson, like a relevant encyclopedia article, a collaborative Google Doc, or the login page to a learning management system (LMS).
- Give students free time where they are allowed to play math or other educational games, but not access social media or other, non-educational gaming sites.
- Create a full lesson plan by using different scenes as a slideshow.
- Set a prescheduled lock screen by changing to a scene where all websites are blocked.
Scenes Are Not Classrooms
It’s important to point out that scenes are totally independent from your classrooms, and you can use the same scene in all of your classrooms, or use different scenes for each of your classrooms.
Using Scenes in GoGuardian Teacher
If you want to dive in and start exploring scenes on your own, that's great! You can get started by clicking on the Scenes button after opening GoGuardian Teacher:
If you'd like to learn more about how to use scenes, here are some links to get you started:
- Scene Attributes and Settings: learn how to set up your scenes.
- Create a New Scene: learn how to create a new scene, and edit existing scenes.
- Applying Scenes to Classrooms: learn how to apply a scene to a single classroom session, set a scene as a default for every classroom session, and everything in between.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Scenes: have a question about how scenes work or how to use them? We may have already answered it!